Location: Remote Or Corporate Headquarters - Springfield, MO
Tentative Schedule: This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Compensation Range: $65,000.00 - $115,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
Bonus: This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
Our RPG/Java Engineers work with a high degree of independence and focus on the development, design, and/or integration of various software systems, databases, and third-party packages to support the business.
What You'll Do
- Take leadership and guide projects (multiple software applications) through the complete SDLC
- Develop new or modify existing software using coding best practices
- Bring a solid understanding of secure coding techniques and best practices
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles
- Participate or lead the development of multiple projects at one time
- Conduct code reviews and ensure coding best practices are being followed
- Recommend improvements and changes to systems as needed
- Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems
- Conduct software demo's to educate and train others in the use of software
- Debug and correct complex software defects
- Create or update advanced project documentation
- Test software to validate accuracy of code and high quality software systems
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of software development experience in RPG & Java
- Advanced understanding of change management
- Advanced knowledge of PDLC and SDLC
- Advanced understanding of the software and system(s) supported by their team, as well as the overall company business
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Expert software debugging and testing knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of programming, database systems, and systems analysis and design
- Ability to write advanced technical documentation
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.