We’re a mighty team of more than 300 creative thinkers, experienced leaders, passionate innovators and some of the friendliest folks you’ll ever meet. We work at seven offices around the globe, with headquarters in Berlin. We like to refer to ourselves as Uberallers, too.
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. Our customers are as large as KFC, BP and DHL (and others whose names are not entirely made of capital letters!) and as small as your local independent coffee shop or record store.
Some customers work directly with us, and many more engage with our platform via Reseller Partners around the world. More than one million business locations trust the Uberall platform to manage the connections with their customers and prospects on the search engines, platforms and directories that matter.
Learn more at www.uberall.com.
About the role:
As Backend Engineer (m/f/d) you will be working on our location marketing cloud solution (SaaS) and be a part of a highly-skilled agile team. As an experienced and team-minded professional, you will have a voice in our daily stand-ups that will be recognized and essential in our daily business to provide the best software solution to our enterprise clients and partners.
If you want to gain some more insights from two of our backend engineers: https://youtu.be/koxZ_rq-I_E
- You will participate in the full life-cycle software development of our innovative and unique data-driven location marketing cloud solution (SaaS)
- You play a significant role in the backend development of bulk data processing
- You will develop new features and innovative software modules based on modern technologies as well as enhancing our DevOps workflow
- You will be responsible for improving and maintaining the web API our customers use every day to manage business location profiles ranging from 50 to 10’s of thousands of listings with a focus on quality and scalability
- You will implement services that connect to APIs from our partner directories
- You will build extensible widgets, pushing for the simplest integration of our latest functionality
- You contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- You will write test specifications as well as use Pair Programming as a methodology to make sure that our code is high quality
- You have proven experience in software development, preferably in the area of software-as-a-service (SaaS), cloud solution, CMS, CRM, e-commerce or similar field
- You have excellent programming skills with Java (JVM, Groovy, Grails, Scala etc.) including effective and clean code mindset
- You bring professional experience with data modelling for distributed databases (e.g. ElasticSearch) as well as for relational databases like MySQL or NoSQL databases
- Knowledge in working with Grails, Spring, Spring-Boot, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat, AWS, RestAPI etc. will be a very big plus
- You bring the experience of scalable software architectures and modern software tools as well as desire to “play” with server technologies
- You have expertise in agile development (Scrum or Kanban)
- You bring creativity and the ambition to strive in a constructive and multicultural team
- You are fluent in English
What we offer:
- A market-leading and cutting-edge location marketing software (SaaS) scale up with an exciting & international customer base
- A very exciting position in close collaboration with a highly professional team in Uberall’s headquarter
- International team and regular company & team events
- A lively and open company culture with flat hierarchies and short chains of command
- Flexible working hours, an attractive budget for professional development and regular feedback sessions to assist you with your career plans
- Coming from abroad? - We are offering an extensive relocation package including visa, temporary and permanent accommodation, etc.
- Regular language classes, meditation sessions and our own gym
- You are a dog person? - There will be room in the office as well
- A high degree of responsibility with creative freedom and personal advancement avenues.
- One of Germany’s fastest-growing companies (awarded by KPMG, Axel Springer & Gründerszene) with a global orientation and market leadership in EMEA
Does this sound like an interesting challenge to you? If so, we are looking forward to your application!