Headquarters: Staten Island, NY
About the Role
Builder Prime is the absolute best product out there for home improvement contractors. Our customers love our software and the support they receive from us. Check out our reviews on Capterra and Facebook to see what some customers say about us. However, we continue to challenge ourselves to grow. We seek someone with experience to help meet these challenges and improve our products and technical infrastructure.
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on the Platform, you will guide a group of talented engineers tasked with delivering innovative software solutions and developing the infrastructure that deploys our product. We are currently running a Java Spring app on Heroku with an AngularJS frontend connected to a multi-tenant PostgreSQL database. However, one of the first projects of the role will be to assist in upgrading our tech stack while migrating to the best Cloud provider to support our incoming growth.
This is a full-time and long-term position that is 100% remote. Our meetings and customer meetings will be conducted remotely, mostly over Zoom. Working during or close to US East Coast business hours would be preferred. We meet as an entire company for an off-site retreat at least once yearly and would cover your expenses to join us.
- Lead the conceptualization and development of Builder Primes' APIs and backend software systems.
- Maintain and develop integrations with third-party services
- Guarantee that our software products meet our performance, scalability, and security standards.
- Assist in developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, release management, and development/production environments
- Manage and optimize Postgres, Redis, and Elasticsearch DBs
- Contribute to planning for disaster recovery, capacity expansion, and system upgrades
- Develop and enforce best practices in software development to ensure exceptional quality.
- Conduct code reviews to uphold software development best practices and standards.
- Stay informed about the latest software development technologies and methodologies advancements, integrating them into our development processes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in software development, including at least three years in a lead or Senior software engineer role
- Expertise in designing and implementing REST APIs with a sharp focus on performance, scalability, and security
- Proficient in the Java programming language
- Proven experience in leading the development of complex software systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Any start-up experience or knowledge about the Construction or Home Improvement industry is a plus
Join Builder Prime and help us build the only does-it-all CRM for contractors!
Builder Prime asks respectfully to only apply through the application form and not email/apply to them directly. Recruiters and Agencies please do not contact Builder Prime directly.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/builder-prime-senior-platform-engineer-java